Genesis Featured Widget Amplified to show one category

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Featured Widget Amplified to show one category

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  petomm 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

petomm

Is there a way to have the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified to show just one category? I have around 40 categories and it is just showing the latest post from all categories.

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

You should be able to select just one category under Taxonomies and Terms in the widget’s options.

Erin Ulrich | Design by Insight | @erinulrich

petomm

Thanks for the response.

I am still not understanding how to configure it to show just one particular category. I see the option where the box says “Taxonomy and Terms” and then the “Exclude Terms by ID (comma separated list)” box. However, I don’t see how this can be configured to show just one category.

Summer
    Participant

The “Taxonomy and Terms” field is a dropdown, just like the other selectors used to configure the widget. Click on it, and you should see all the individual categories and tags and be able to select just one of them.

petomm

Oh thanks I see it now. I had the Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget plugin installed rather than the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified plugin. I think both are the same thing, but when I had the Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget plugin installed it didn’t give me the list of category field dropdown in the Taxonomy and Terms area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.