Genesis framework for website

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis framework for website

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rpresz

Good morning everyone.

I am doing a research for a company that wants to invest in a real state portal similar to this one (www.propertyfinder.ae)

1.- Is the genesis framework and wordpress suitable for such a website and what are the advantages on hiring a designer/developer that works with the genesis framework ?

Thanks in advance
    Romulo

amylynn

You can customize themes to your needs. StudioPress has two real estate themes that might be a good base:

http://my.studiopress.com/themes/agentpress/#demo-full

http://my.studiopress.com/themes/winning-agent/#demo-full

If you are going to move forward with building your site using Genesis, I’d say one of the advantages of working with a designer already familiar with it would be time. They would already be comfortable with the framework and manipulating it as needed for the project rather than needing extra time to learn the ins/outs of the platform.

AC
    Blocked

I have a free theme for real estate that I launched a few weeks ago. You can see the details here.

rpresz

Thank you guys for answering my doubts.

What about data handling, its wordpress a realiable work enviroment for big data websites ?

We are expecting to handle around 15 thousand listings with pictures, real state agent profiles and etc

AC
    Blocked

I am assuming that your agents will be attached to your listings, correct? If that is the case you’ll probably have some customizing to do as Agenpress and the likes are basically geared toward one agent, not multiple agents. As for handling big data website, yes WordPress can handle that. Some of the largest and most popular websites run on WordPress. But if you are self-hosting your website, then you should speak to your hosting company regarding the reliable work environment and handling of all the large files, listings, etc., as it relates to your storage.

rpresz

Thanks it sounds the way to go to me.

If theres is any developer that might be interested in the project send me a PM and we can talk more in deep what we are looking for.

AC
    Blocked

Feel free to email me on my website. This way you can share more details about your project.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.