Genesis Header Call

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Header Call

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

slydawgg
    Participant

In previous versions, in Genesis header.php there was an area that looked similar to this:

function genesis_header_markup_open() {
    echo '<div id="header">';
    genesis_structural_wrap( 'header' );
    }

Since 1.9 came out, there is a more of a standardized way that looks like this:

do_action( 'genesis_header' );
    do_action( 'genesis_after_header' );

Is there a way to “rename” or add to the header style ID name now?  So instead of having an style just for .header, maybe being able to have it called .custom-header or something?  I know it is a big time no-no to change anything inside of the Genesis framework, but to even be able to use themes or Genesis in my environment I have had to do this because of my organization.

If anybody has an idea as where to start with the latest Genesis, it would be extremely helpful.

If this is something I should submit a trouble-ticket for because it is an unique situation, please let me know

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

I think you may just have looked in the wrong file. If you look in genesis/lib/structure, you’ll see that the genesis_header_markup_open and genesis_header_markup_close functions still exist.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

slydawgg
    Participant

Jen – there is no other way to put it except =

Thank you, you are awesome!

This was the issue

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Why, thank you! :)

And, You’re welcome!

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Header Call’ is closed to new replies.