Genesis – How to show related posts titles + thumbnails

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis – How to show related posts titles + thumbnails

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sportydave 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

eevdo

Hi guys,

Was curious to know if anyone can provide me with a solution to add related posts to my single post pages with thumbnails and titles without having to use a plugin.

Here is my url: http://bit.ly/18VG5dq

Thank you so much for the help!

http://bit.ly/18VG5dq

anitac
    Participant

I wanted this very thing and found a tutorial on how to do it. You can see how I incorporated it in my Sample Child theme here.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

eevdo

@anitac

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly. I just need to stylize it now!

BTW, Love your social media buttons. Have a tutorial for that?

anitac
    Participant

Which ones, the one in the footer?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

eevdo

On your actual website that explains how to add related posts.

On that note, how can I modify the size of thumbnail and number of related posts to show?

Thanks!

anitac
    Participant

That’s the Simple Social Icons plugin. The thumbnail size and number of posts are in the code on the tutorial.

eevdo

Amazing!

Thank you so much! Another question if I wanted to add a light grey hover effect over the related post thumbnails. Do you happen to have a quick fix?

Thanks!

eevdo

Is there a way to add a light grey hover effect over the related post thumbnails?

Thanks!

sportydave

Thanks for the link to Nicks thing. It looks good and I am going to use it.

Kind Regards,
    David Trounce

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.