Genesis Responsive Slider Cropping Images

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Responsive Slider Cropping Images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ecorrea 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pelowtz

Balance Theme. Genesis Responsive Slider is cropping 50 px off my images. Tried re-uploading. Double checked image dimensions (1140 x 350). Tried Regenerate Thumbnails. Searched forums everywhere.

I know I can edit the CSS of the responsive slider div to “height: 350px” but this makes the slider unresponsive.

I need the images to be 350px in height and I need to preserve the responsiveness of the slider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the code. Again, adding a height: 350px attribute solves the problem but is not a viable option for me.

#genesis-responsive-slider {
    -moz-border-radius-topleft: 7px;
    -moz-border-radius-topright: 7px;
    -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 7px;
    -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 7px;
    border-top-left-radius: 7px;
    border-top-right-radius: 7px;
    border: none !important;
    padding: 1px !important;
    height: 350px

}

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by  Pelowtz.
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by  Pelowtz.
    http://www.exceleratorconsulting.com/staging/

efuller
    Participant

It looks as though this is the Education theme not Balance, correct?

It looks like the slider area is 980px. If your image is 1140px x 350px then there is some re-sizing going on to make the image fit.

Try creating an image that is 980px x 350px and see how that works.

I am a web developer

Pelowtz

Thanks for the reply. Of course I didn’t think of looking at the width. You are correct. This is the education theme.

You are right, but it actually raises more questions than it answers. I want the images to be 1140.

Now for some reason the entire content section of the theme is only 980 wide. it should be 1140. I don’t know why this is or when this happened. I am sure I edited some CSS somewhere that is making this happen.

Any input?

Thanks again for the help.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Pelowtz.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Pelowtz.

Pelowtz

ha! I figured it out. The theme is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do. Pilot error confirmed.

FYI. The homepage images in the demo theme are in fact 1140 x 350 (which is why I duplicated those dimensions for our graphics). Like a rookie I assumed that the images will be 1140 in all instances.

This is not the case.

If you are using the content>sidebar template like me on the homepage, the images are cropped to fit the sidebar in. If you take away the sidebar the images are re-sized to 1140.

Thanks again for your help.

ecorrea

Hello,

So how were you able to take away the sidebar so the slider images don’t get cropped?

Regards,
    Edgar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.