Genesis Responsive Slider – CSS/spacing around caption

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Responsive Slider – CSS/spacing around caption

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marketingfrosting 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m just trying to reduce the large amount of space around the CAPTION. Even if I could just get the huge amount of space under the text reduced, that would be a huge help.

I’ve spent hours reading/trying things. I’ve seen the people who like the WP Smith version of putting the CSS in the main Child Theme file, but this didn’t work for me.

Note, I also used these fantastic instructions to add the slider in the first place and added CSS styling from Sridhar’s terrific instructions. Maybe this is why I can’t edit the slider?

So far, the only thing I’ve successfully managed to edit was removing the box — which would have been fine if I was able to change the font color. I don’t get which font is used for the caption text, I think H2 is used for the title.

I’m using the Minimum Theme. Here’s the site in progress…

Thanks so much for any insights you may have,

Sridhar Katakam

Use this CSS:

.slide-excerpt-border {
        padding: 5px !important;
    .slide-excerpt-border p {
        margin-bottom: 0;

It worked. Thanks so much Sridhar!

I’m a big fan of your website. It’s so nice to receive a personal response from you. :)

Thanks again,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Responsive Slider – CSS/spacing around caption’ is closed to new replies.