Genesis Responsive Slider: Don't auto advance

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Responsive Slider: Don't auto advance

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

Any thoughts on how to make the slider not advance every n milliseconds? Just allow the user to move through with the buttons/pagination themselves?

I know I could set the Time Between Slides value to some arbitrarily high number, but I’d prefer just toggling it off. I’ve tried using 0 and -1 as the value to no avail. Kinda funny results, but, not what I’m looking for :>

Tom
    Participant

Joe, you’ve probably figured out by now that this slider doesn’t configure that way. It’s good for what it does, but it doesn’t do that. Best thing would be to use another favourite WP slider and tackle the CSS to make it work with your theme.

Good luck!

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Joe
    Participant

Yup, I didn’t see a good way to modify it so that it wouldn’t advance automatically. At least not quickly. I’ve gone with very long delays between advancing for now.

One of the things I particularly like about this slider is that you can select taxonomies/post types to automate what goes in the slider. All of the other free ones I’ve found out there only really let you set up static declarations of which posts go in there, rather than managing them via CPT/taxonomy. Am I missing a good one out there that functions like that but with increased flexibility?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.