Genesis Responsive Slider – HTML in Content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider – HTML in Content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Teo100 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

novelgraphics
    Participant

Hi,

I have a few slider posts where I was trying to bold, change color, add line breaks or lists and it is not working. It is set to display post content in settings. I tried using <span> as well. Can someone please help?

Thanks

http://Genesis Responsive Slider

AC
    Blocked

The slider excerpt will not render the colors and highlights you put within the body of your post.

novelgraphics
    Participant

Thanks anitac,

Is there any way around this?

AC
    Blocked

As far as I know – No. Excerpts are just that. WordPress strips out the coding on excerpts.

lwoods
    Participant

I am also confused about this.  I have set up some simple text but with an <H1> heading.  When it displays  in the slider all of the tags seem to be removed.  BUT, the demo that is on the  StudioPress site shows an H1 type header.  http://demo.studiopress.com/agency/

AC
    Blocked

The header in the slider is actually H2, not H1. How are you entering H1? Are you entering it into the body of your Page/post? When you use the slider, in the slider settings there is a box you check to Show the Title in the Slider. Also, in their example – the Excerpt is not being used but a content limit so that the button will render.

lwoods
    Participant

Thanks for the input.  I finally got the right combination going but I can’t get the “Continue” button to position correctly.  Any trick to that?  Site: http://www.leadershipwesttours.com/

novelgraphics
    Participant

Thanks lwoods, I’m going to give it a try.

Thanks for your help anitac.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  novelgraphics.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  novelgraphics.

braddalton
    Participant

You can add back HTML tags stripped from excerpts using this code

You can also reposition the button on its own line using CSS code. Wrote a tutorial about it awhile ago.

wyattwerner
    Participant

Thanks, braddalton. That worked. I added p and br tags to the return list and it worked like a charm.

braddalton
    Participant

Teo100

The code seem to work for all the other tags except <a> tag.
    I was trying to add a hyperlink there, but couldn’t get it to work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.