Genesis Responsive Slider not resizing image.

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Responsive Slider not resizing image.

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  warriorforGod 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

warriorforGod
    Participant

I am using the responsive slider on my homepage, and the first image that comes up is a different size than the rest of the images.  Any suggestions on a fix?

Site is at http://nourishyourtemple.com

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  warriorforGod.

anitac
    Participant

Your images sizes are HUGE and your site is loading extremely slow. Some of your images are 4,000px × 3,000px. You should reduce those down and upload them again closer to the size you need them on the website. I still haven’t been able to get to the entire website or the slider because the images are still loading.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

warriorforGod
    Participant

Ok.  Any idea on a way to resize all of the images in one shot?  Is there a plugin or something for that?  Any links to an image guide or anything?

anitac
    Participant

Actually, you should re-size them on your desktop and then upload them again. I don’t believe there is a plug-in that will re-size them down on the server. I know if you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can change them all at one time.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

warriorforGod
    Participant

Ok.  I got all the images resized and the site should load much faster now.  I resized them all to 1024×1024.  Should I reduce them further down to something like 562×562 which is the size of the slider box?

anitac
    Participant

No that’s fine now. It loaded super fast this time. The images also seem fine.

warriorforGod
    Participant

Good to hear.  Thanks for the pointers.

warriorforGod
    Participant

Ok. I thought this was resolved, but the slider seems to be cropping the images rather than resizing them.

warriorforGod
    Participant

And nevermind once again. Got it working by resizing my thumbnail images.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.