Genesis Responsive Slider Not Responding to Settings

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider Not Responding to Settings

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rhennen
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the Magazine theme and am running the latest versions of WP and Genesis.

The slider was working fine up until a few days ago when it stopped pulling in what I was putting in the settings, a custom post type called tma_events, and is pulling in the most recent posts from all post types. This is the behavior even if I change it to Page or Post. Also, when set to Random, it stops pulling anything in.

I have disabled all plugins and reactivated one at a time but the behavior did not change.
    I removed the Slider plugin and reinstalled but that didn’t help.

This is the post type I want it to pull in and is selected in the dropdown menu in slider settings: http://the-tma.org/tma-new-site/events/

I’m wondering if this is a database issue?

Thanks so much for any insight, Rayna

http://the-tma.org/tma-new-site/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi Rayna,
    That is an odd one, and very tricky to diagnose from the outside. I’ll ask one obvious question: any new plugins installed in the past few days, or changed settings in other plugins or parts of the site?

I know that when I suddenly have issues with Custom Post Types, it’s usually plugin incompatibility. Somebody’s filters and hooks may be giving you the hook! Another thing I might do is change some setting on the Custom Post Types themselves, and something goes amiss.

FYI: I also see one thing I’ve never seen before – a DIV with site content way up in the HEAD area of your page. This doesn’t look legit to me, although who knows, it might work. This is S2 stuff. And it probably has nothing to do with your CPT problem.

Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.