Genesis Responsive Slider: position text next to image?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider: position text next to image?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jronaldlee 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jronaldlee
    Participant

Is there any way to set the slider such that the text excerpt is not blocking the slider? I tried setting up the images at 450 pixels (thinking I could use the other 450 for the excerpt), but no joy; now it just uses half the space.

My objective: Slider that is half image, half text. The text should be on one side, the image on the other. I’m not even that picky about which goes where.

I’m also vexed that the share buttons from JetPack are showing up with the excerpt, and would like help with kicking those to the curb if possible. :) Thanks!

http://jamesisrunning.com/

oceansize
    Participant

Hi

I think I’ve set up my slider how you’re explaining how you want yours to look. I’ve set the images up to use the full width (i.e. both slider and images are 700px wide). I then edited the .slide-excerpt css in the slider styles.css file:-

.slide-excerpt {
    width: 50%;
    }

this is what it looks like on my site-

http://djsitedesign.com

hope that helps
    Dan

jronaldlee
    Participant

Thanks, Dan. I ended up solving it a different way… created images that were 650×328 pixels, then stretched the image an extra 300 pixels and left the new area white. I manually set them as the featured image for the pages included in the slider. More work than I wanted, but I got what I needed.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  jronaldlee.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  jronaldlee.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Responsive Slider: position text next to image?’ is closed to new replies.