September 17, 2013 at 9:00 pm #63114
My web site is http://www.YoureSomethingElse.com. I'm using Balance Theme & Genesis.
I installed the Genesis Responsive Slider. I configured all of the settings. I set the slider to display posts.
The problem is that the text runs off the image. More specifically, only the bottom of the heading appears in the text box. Sometimes, depending on the post, the top of the text box itself is cut off.
Besides Googling and searching forums.... Solutions I've tried (via the Slider Settings page):
1. Adjusted the slider excerpt width
2. Increased and decreased the number of characters (in the field labeled "limit the content to X characters")
3. Adjusted slider excerpt location
4. Checked, unchecked, rechecked the boxes for Display Title in Slider and Display Content in Slider
FYI -- Also, on the 1st slider image, the slider displays part of a ghost box on the left of the image. And on the 2nd slider image, half of the words "Continue Reading" appear in red font -- even though I defined "more" as the word to use for continued reading. I'll post separate questions on these issue, as forum rules suggest.
I'm new to all of this, and I appreciate any help.
Thank you!http://www.YoureSomethingElse.comSeptember 17, 2013 at 10:39 pm #63125
Mike ImkenParticipantSeptember 17, 2013 at 11:49 pm #63133
The same is here as well: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/genesis-responsive-slider-continued-reading-text-cut-off/
September 18, 2013 at 7:18 am #63176
Yes, I posted 3 similar but different issues. According to forum rules, I thought that's how you post issues? I'm new here. Sorry for the confusion! I appreciate your help!September 18, 2013 at 9:58 am #63215
I changed the font size in CSS from 42 to 32 which stopped the text from running off the slider. Thank you for the help!
Also, to omit the ghost text “continue reading” that appeared on the one slider (and only the top half of those words appeared in red under the post content in the slider)… I went to Genesis –> Slider Settings –> Content Settings –> More Text. In that text box, I deleted the “more,” which I had inserted there (not sure why “continued reading” would show up when it should have said “more.”) Anyway… by leaving that field blank, the ghost words disappeared. One way to eliminate the problem — just don’t use the functionality
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.