Genesis Responsive Slider with Executive Child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider with Executive Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan Nelson 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bauhinia
    Participant

Hi,

I am having trouble with the images in the Genesis Responsive Slider – http://www.bamboo-development.org – I have uploaded images that are 1140 x 445 and 1600 x 600 and each time, the image is shortened, and the excerpt moves over (as per the site example).

I’ve used this theme on another site of mine and all was fine but for this one, I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bamboo-development.org

Bauhinia
    Participant

Hi, can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Nicole

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Hi Nicole,

I see that currently, your image is 920 pixels wide and it looks like the slider might be set to that width, as well. The instructions for the theme say to make the images 1140 x 445. Then you also have to put those dimensions in the slider settings. And then the excerpt should be set to 50%.

Hope that helps!

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Bauhinia
    Participant

Thanks Susan.  The image is the correct size, the dimensions in the slider are incorrect and I cannot believe I missed such an easy fix… I had looked at the settings a number of times but it didn’t register that I had to change the settings.  DOH!!  I won’t forget that next time :)  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)  It’s now working as it should be.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Glad you got it working! :)

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.