Genesis Sample Theme Blog Featured Image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Sample Theme Blog Featured Image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nrwilliams

I am building a theme with the genesis sample theme and am trying to customize the blog page. I have a post with an image in it and wanted that to be used as the featured image that shows up on the main blog page. So, I set it as the featured image and when I go to the blog page its a little 150×150 image. I know that is normal but is there a way to get the full width image to show up instead of a cropped 150×150? I want the image to be the same width as the copy. Similar to the image under the featured posts widget on right.

http://xpgraphics.org/xptheme/blog/

http://xpgraphics.org/xptheme/blog/

anitac
    Participant

You need to define a new image size in the functions.php file. Once you do that, you can go to Genesis > Theme Settings and select that image in the Archive Settings.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

nrwilliams

This worked perfectly. Thank you

anitac
    Participant

You’re welcome, glad to help.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.