Genesis Schema and News Publishers?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Schema and News Publishers?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ithacaindy 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

As a news publisher, I need a theme which supports schema.org’s Article markup. Genesis 2.0 seems to support a more blog/marketing approach. Specifically, I’m looking to incorporate into my child theme rel=”Article”, as well as headline, alternative headline and description. Currently, I use the In Depth Articles Generator plugin for these schema items, but I’d like to include them in my child theme’s core plugin.

http://ithacaindy.org

braddalton
    Participant

How about Brad Potters Microdata Manager plugin. http://bradpotter.com/microdata-manager-wordpress-plugin-to-optimize-schema-settings-in-the-genesis-framework/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

ithacaindy
    Participant

Microdata Manager is interesting, but I’m trying to get away from theme-based and unnecessary plugins. I had in mind a hook function that would replace the Blog schema with the Article schema, plus inject Article-based schema items into the article headlines, author, content and date published. The hooks could then become part of my core plugin which I share with all sites on my news network. (An alternative, I realize, is Multisite, where plugins could be enabled on an individual or network basis.)

ithacaindy
    Participant

MicroData Manager is interesting, if not a bit hard to understand. I’m looking for a lightweight answer to molding Genesis’ baked-in support for schema.org to a newsroom editing environment. The plugin would be bettered by offering a default setting establishing the Article schema for all articles published. Instead, MDM requires article-by-article intervention. I’m also hope to get away from adding another plugin to solve a problem with the theme. I was hope to be able to hook into Genesis, changing the Blog schema to article.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.