Genesis Search Results

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Search Results

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jjohns
    Participant

Is there a quick way to simply add a proper h1 of “Search Results” to the search results page? Everything I’ve come across online seems to be much more involved than I need at this point.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You can try this:

/* Add Extra Page Title on Search */
    add_action( 'genesis_before_loop', 'search_title');
    function search_title() {
    if ( is_search() ) {
    echo 'Search Results';
    }
    }

I’m not sure I’d use an h1 though. Your search results title will be the same no matter what is searched for. I usually use an h4 and style it.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

jjohns
    Participant

Where would this go?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

My apologies. That should go in functions.php. Most code posted like that would go in that file unless otherwise specified. I do notice that the h1 tags I added to that code were removed. You can add them back in around the words Search Results.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

jjohns
    Participant

Worked, thank you!  I suspected functions.php but thought maybe it should go in a search template.  When suggesting not using an h1, what did you mean, “Your search results title will be the same no matter what is searched for.”

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

I meant that h1 really doesn’t have much value on a search page in my opinion. All search pages have the same title so you could have 1000 ?s=search urls all with an h1 of Search Results. It’s really me just being picky :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.