Genesis SEO Problem (Search description)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis SEO Problem (Search description)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MGWilliams 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MGWilliams

Hi

Now my site has been reindexed as I’ve moved to WordPress, my Genesis SEO settings are not holding and not being displayed in search results, instead – I’m getting a post in the site description instead of what is written in my Genesis SEO settings. This is a huge problem.

Here are my settings, can somebody help please?

http://s30.postimg.org/kzbf8zuk1/seosettings1.jpg

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  MGWilliams.

neilgee

Google will not necessarily display the site description in a search result, it will vary depending on the search query of the searcher.
    All you can do to verify the site description is definitely being output by checking the source code for the description meta
    <meta name="description" content="my site description goes here"/>

If it is there than thats all you can do – perhaps you can analyse what keywords are being used to generate different descriptions.

Neil Gee
    Coolest Guides

MGWilliams

I’ve installed Yoast – even though it reduces my site to a snails pace, and see if that fixes it. Perhaps deleting the offending post and reposting might do it. I don’t believe it’s hobsons choice – I’m sure there’s a way of dealing with it, we’ll see if Yoast works

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.