Genesis seo settings

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis seo settings

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pizzico 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

pizzico
    Participant

Hi, i use sleek child theme with genesis seo settings.

If I decide to use a plugin for seo settings, Genesis seo setting are off?

If I install a plugin, I lose the seo settings of Genesis?

Thank you

SoZo

Yes, if you install an SEO plugin then the Genesis settings are not used

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

pizzico
    Participant

Ok, but seo genesis settings, are transferred in seo plugin?

SoZo

No, they are not

pizzico
    Participant

This is a problem….

SoZo

Sorry to hear that

RonnyMac
    Participant

From a decade of experience I can tell you that there’s not much you need beyond Genesis’ SEO settings. Anything else is overkill and amounts to diminishing returns for the effort involved. Besides, well over 90-percent of search engine results come from relevant back links to a site, not keywords, not keyword density, not keywords in the URL string. Those are valuable, but back links are far, far more important. Sticking with Genesis’ SEO settings is the way to go.

pizzico
    Participant

Yes, my site who suffer from excessive consumption of resources that disappear without Genesis.

I wanted to transfer genesis seo settings in seo plugin to use a lighter theme…

RonnyMac
    Participant

What’s your site’s URL? Something is probably wrong somewhere in your setup. I’m running Genesis on dozens of sites, many high traffic, and it screams. It’s as light or heavy as you want it to be. If you’re using a caching plugin (Quick Cache, WP SuperCache, et al), then the ‘weight’, whatever that is, drops to next to nothing.

The problem is likely a plugin which doesn’t play nice-nice with Genesis. I’ve run into a couple that didn’t work at all in Genesis, but none that caused excessive RAM usage or visible conflicts.

Unfortunately, this kind of problem is resolved only with trial and error. Disable all plugins and check usage. Then, one-by-one, add a plugin until usage changes.

pizzico
    Participant

you think you can understand by looking at the website?

Bill Murray
    Participant

Download and activate the SEO Data Transporter plugin.

That will allow you to move your Genesis SEO settings to those used by 1 of several popular supported SEO plugins, such as WordPress SEO.

Then, you can switch themes and activate WordPress SEO.

As RonnyMac said above, the problem you’re having doesn’t sound like something that Genesis does. If your site is too heavy or slow, it is usually because of 1 of several things: a) images, b) underpowered server relative to traffic or poor server configuration, or c) bad site design (such as putting too many images on a page or using too many plugins that require a lot of resources).

But if you want to move, there are tools to make it easy for you to do that.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

pizzico
    Participant

Thank you, may be useful.

One question: for redirect?  There’s a few dozen articles, where I used the redirect (always through Genesis).

This plugin work Also for redirect?

Regards

pizzico
    Participant

Thank you, may be useful.

This plugin work also for redirect? There’s a few dozen articles, where I used the redirect function (always through genesis).

Regards

pizzico
    Participant

Please, for see redirect 301 of Genesis? I do not remember them all…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.