Genesis Simple Header Plugin

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Simple Header Plugin

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joefernand 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

agkatz
    Participant

Hi, Gang:

I’m using Eleven40 with the current version of WP.

I couldn’t figure out how to put my header graphic at the top of the homepage, so I’m using the Genesis Simple  Header plugin.  I have Simple Headers>Advanced, checked.
    However:
    1.   When I “unclick” show header text with your image, and then save — it immediately shows up “checked” again.
    and
    2.  On my home page, I don’t see the logo image.  I just have a horizontal blue bar.

http://www.dogproblems.com

On a completely separate note: You’ll notice that as you scroll down the homepage, the 2nd through XX posts are staggered.  I can’t figure out why they are staggered and how to get them unstaggered?

Much thanks,

Adam

joefernand
    Participant

Hello Adam

Having the same problem – it looks like you have sorted yours!

Any tips?

Joe

robthecomputerguy
    Participant

In the admin area, go to Genesis, Theme Settings, then scroll down to header and uncheck the box.

The logo file to replace is in /themes/eleven40/logo.png

When you change that file, chances are your logo is bigger than the standard space allocated, but if you just edit your CSS you’ll be able to arrange it the way you want.

[I was disappointed that un-staggering them was not part of the documentation and I too would like to get that info right away.]

agkatz
    Participant

I ended up just using the tech support form and talking with Nick, who had me add a bunch of code to the CSS.  I have no idea what I did (or what he had me do).  CSS is a dialect of Mandarin, isn’t it?

joefernand
    Participant

Cheers both – will look at both suggestions.

Am I missing the point of the Simple Header plugin – if I need to sort things manually what is the Plugin offering me?

Joe (very new at all of this!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.