Genesis Simple Hooks code varification for Pinterest and aWeber

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Simple Hooks code varification for Pinterest and aWeber

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

1. I need to verify my website on Pinterest and it requires to add this meta tag to the <head> of the index.html file (or equivalent):

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" />

When I place the code in Genesis Simple Hooks using
    genesis_meta Hook
    This hook executes in the document <head>. It is commonly used to output META information about the document.

Pinterest cannot verify my website: Could not find the meta tag from step 1 at url YYYYY

Where should I place the code to make it work?

2. I would like to place an aWeber popup opt-in form over the website.

According to aWeber: You can paste the snippet below anywhere between the body tags of your website.

When I put the code in

genesis_before Hook

This hook executes immediately after the opening <body> tag.

genesis_after Hook
    This hook executes immediately before the closing </body> tag.

the opt-in popup doesn’t show up in the right place (over the content of the website).

Where is the right place to put the code to make it work?

Thank you

Try adding it to Genesis > Theme Settings > Scroll down to Header/Footer scripts and place it in the header box.

The Pinterest was verified. Thank you!

However, the aWeber popup still doesn’t work. If I put the code immediately before the closing </body> tag in the document source the popup shows up in the footer below the website and not over the website… Do you know where I should place the aWeber code so that the popup opt-in form shows up in the right place?

When I created aWeber opt-in form I choosed In-Line form. So I cannot make the code work for only this type. I just changed the type of the form and placed the code how you explained in your first reply. Now it works. Thank you so much :)

Glad I could help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.