Genesis Simple Sidebars Doesn't Activate on MultiSite

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Simple Sidebars Doesn't Activate on MultiSite

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  FireSamurai 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

FireSamurai
    Participant

I’m wondering if anybody else has come across the issue of a couple Genesis plugins not activating on a MultiSite install. The two plugins I’m specifically referring to are:

• Genesis Simple Sidebars (v 2.0.1)
    • Genesis Featured Widget Amplified (v 0.8.1)

When I attempt to network activate GSS, I get the message:
    "Sorry, you cannot run Simple Sidebars without WordPress 3.6 and Genesis 2.0.0, or greater."

And when I attempt to activate GFWA, I get a similar message:
    "Sorry, you can't activate unless you have installed Genesis."

However, I have already installed Genesis (currently v 2.0.1) and am also on WP 3.6.1.

Any ideas?

My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

http://localhost

FireSamurai
    Participant

The Quick Answer:
    Make sure a Genesis-compatible child-theme is activated (and not broken) on your site(s); for MultiSite, this has to be on all of your sites.

The Long Answer:
    After doing some more testing after giving it a rest, I discovered this same thing can happen on regular WordPress installs as well. The issue is caused when you don’t have a Genesis-compatible child theme activated on your site. This means on MultiSite, if one of your sites is not using a Genesis child theme (even if the framework is installed), it will not let you activate the plugin. You’ll have to go through each site 1-by-1 and activate it that way. This isn’t very practical for MultiSite installs, and it would be nice to have this changed.

My Websites: TheCookingDish.com | ChrisMower.com
    Connect with me: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google +

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.