Genesis Slider Graphics w One Photo?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Slider Graphics w One Photo?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

I’m using the Genesis Slider plugin, but it mostly displays just one photo. Is there a way to bring the slider graphics (post title in a nice box) within a single image, rather than using the entire plugin? (I’ve recently become obsessed with reducing my js calls and pingdom.com shows the slider using a huge amount of load time.)

My site URL: http://www.ithacaindy.com

anitac
    Participant

Do you mean you only one one photo on the front? Not a slider but a photo that possibly leads to a page on your website? Try WP-Cycle – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cycle/. You can add one image there with or without a link to a destination. You can add in more if you want.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ithacaindy
    Participant

The goal is to take a post’s featured image, display it on the frontpage with styling close to that of the genesis slider. There would never be a slideshow – just one featured photo. Since there is already a feature built into WordPress for obtaining the featured image, I’d like to stay away from adding js plugins, if possible. The ultimate goal is to reduce the number of js and database calls on the front page.

anitac
    Participant

You can drag a Featured Page or Post over to that widget area. Set the image to FULL WIDTH and not have any content at all. But there wouldn’t be an overlay of the title on it. I went looking for something of this nature and found this instruction, but I got confused trying to implement it. Maybe you can use this – http://wplift.com/how-add-text-featured-images-different-scenarios.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Having problems using the links on here but try this. I found it along time ago but couldn’t figure out how to implement it with Genesis – wplift.com/how-add-text-featured-images-different-scenarios.

anitac
    Participant

Having problems using the links on here but try this. I found it along time ago but couldn’t figure out how to implement it with Genesis – wplift.com / how-add-text-featured-images-different-scenarios.

I had to add spaces before and after the / so the URL would show up.

anitac
    Participant

Having problems using the links on here but try this. I found it along time ago but couldn’t figure out how to implement it with Genesis – wplift [dot] com / how-add-text-featured-images-different-scenarios.

I had to add spaces before and after the / so the URL would show up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.