Genesis Slider & Responsive Slider

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Slider & Responsive Slider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

yakkas
    Participant

I’ve just spent all day looking at various content sliders, but I think the Genesis sliders are the easiest to use in terms of choosing existing Posts/Pages/Categories etc…..

One great addition (I know it has been talked about previously) would be to be able to have a combination of Posts and Pages so you could just choose ID’s.

I have looked into the code, but got lost instantly :)

Just a suggestion

yakkas
    Participant

I forgot to add….(and couldn’t see a way to edit the post) – does anyone know if a slider which works similar to the Genesis sliders (by choosing ID) but works with posts and pages?

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

There isn’t a way to do that with these plugins and I’m not sure of one that does that.

yakkas
    Participant

AC
    Blocked

One of the workarounds I use to accomplish this is by using the “Page Links To” Plugin. For whatever item I want to show in the Slider, I create an placeholder Post or Page for it. So for example – if you are using Posts Only. But you have a Page you want to show up – Create an empty Post with the same Title –> Save it –> Copy URL. Then, go to the Page you want in the Slider –> Paste the URL in the Page Links To area and save it. That page will now show up in the Slider. This works well as long as you don’t need to use this a lot.

Plugin is here – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-links-to/

yakkas
    Participant

Hey Anitac, thanks, this trick works.

Although when using the Genesis slider, you have to include IDs – so I created a new page , uploaded the featured image and put the redirect in place. Then using Yoast SEO, I made sure the page wasn’t included in the sitemap or indexed :)

AC
    Blocked

Great, I haven’t been able to find a Featured Post & Page plugin either, however – I just sent out an email in one of my LinkedIn groups requesting Plugin Developers to see if I can have one specifically made for Genesis. My responses from developers have been overwhelming and from all over the world.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.