Genesis Sliders

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Sliders

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  emasai 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

emasai
    Participant

Is there an option on either of the sliders to have just images and not pull content or links from posts/pages?

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

AC
    Blocked

Yes, just check the slider settings. There are boxes that you would check or uncheck.

emasai
    Participant

The slider settings for Content gives 2 options Post or Page, there is no option for images. Under Taxonomies and terms all I can choose from is All Categories, Tags or Format, still no setting for images. So how do I get images into the slider.

Please explain, I have looked at the slider tutorials and they are, in typical Genesis fashion, completely obscure and not explained step by step.

Thank you

Lynne emasai.com

AC
    Blocked

Okay, let’s back up. Your original question was:

Is there an option on either of the sliders to have just images and not pull content or links from posts/pages?

Soooo, I responded the way I did because I thought you meant just show the Featured Image only without the content.

Now, to answer your next set of questions – No, the Genesis Slider and Genesis Responsive Sliders cannot do what you want. You will need to locate a different slider for that.

emasai
    Participant

Well thank you so much for your very clear reply.

In light of this I will definitely look elsewhere and I know of several that can do all 3. I was hoping that Genesis could too. I find it a pity that neither of these sliders gives the option to just show images. It would be nice to be able to have a Genesis site with a Genesis slider and program it differently accordingly to pull in the desired content. Please pass this suggestion on to the “Boss”.

Lynne emasai.com

AC
    Blocked

Most people don’t realize that there is a big difference between a Featured Content Slider (Genesis Slider/Responsive Slider) and a Slideshow. You are looking for a Slideshow that will allow you to turn content/linkage on and off.

The Slideshow that I use is Soliloquy Lite which is free – http://wordpress.org/plugins/soliloquy-lite. You can use it in more than one area very easily.

emasai
    Participant

Thank you

Lynne emasai.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.