genesis subpages as secondary menu plugin not working after 1.9 update

Community Forums Forums General Discussion genesis subpages as secondary menu plugin not working after 1.9 update

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  info@lorilee.com 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

info@lorilee.com
    Participant

The secondary menu which should consist of subpages does not appear. Not sure if it’s related to there no longer being check boxes for enable primary and enable secondary menus under Genesis –>Theme Settings –> Navigation. When I restored Genesis to 1.8.2 plug in worked again.

Alirat
    Participant

The menu area is now used, you can create menus using anything you like. You say the secondary menu ‘should’ consist of sub pages. I think the way menus are created changed in WordPress 3, if I remember correctly, and StudioPress has mentioned that the menu plugin will be deprecated.  The new menu system is much easier and more flexible, IMHO.

info@lorilee.com
    Participant

The Genesis Subpages as Secondary Menu plugin has been updated to version 1.5. This is now compatible with Genesis 1.9.1. The issue was that Genesis 1.9 changed the way that primary and secondary menus were enabled (there was a checkbox in 1.8.2, the checkboxes were removed in 1.9). This is a nice plug-in that creates secondary menus as text (vs dropdowns) based on subpages. It’s a nice plugin to enable useability across all types of devices. The drop-down menus just don’t work sometimes….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘genesis subpages as secondary menu plugin not working after 1.9 update’ is closed to new replies.