Genesis Theme – Header Logo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Theme – Header Logo

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sitedesigner 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sitedesigner

Hey guys,

First time here but have some questions. I just upgraded my genesis theme to the latest automatic update in wordpress and I’m having some trouble removing the padding around my header / logo. Can you help with the below?

I’m on Genesis version 2.1.1

Genesis Theme Image

Tonya

Hello,

Can you please provide the link to your website so that we can take a look? Thank you :)

Web developer, Software & Electrical Engineer, Bringing ideas to life is my art
    Find Me: tonyadoescode.com | Twitter | GitHub | Customize without touching the child theme

sitedesigner

Tonya

There are multiple places that you need to adjust depending upon the look at you want. Let’s walk through them one at a time. Open up your style.css file.

At line 872, you can change the padding to be what you want. Note, 40px 0 means 40px on the top and bottom with 0 on left and right:

.site-header .wrap {
    	padding: 0; /* 40px 0; */
    }

At line 889, there is also padding at the title-area. If you want you can remove this as well.

.title-area {
    float: left;
    padding: 0; /* 10px 0; */
    width: 360px;
    }

Cheers :)

Web developer, Software & Electrical Engineer, Bringing ideas to life is my art
    Find Me: tonyadoescode.com | Twitter | GitHub | Customize without touching the child theme

sitedesigner

Wow, Tonya, thank you SO much for the help! This was awesome! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.