Genesis Theme Settings: Navbar: RSS/Twitter/Search

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Theme Settings: Navbar: RSS/Twitter/Search

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ablewebs 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ablewebs
    Participant

In the Genesis Theme Settings you can choose to add Twitter, RSS or a Search Box to the right side of the main navigation bar. I can see where the HTML shows up when I look at the source code for the pages, and I can see the CSS for this. I can add custom CSS in the Dynamik Website Builder, but changing the CSS is not the whole solution. I have no idea how to affect the HTML since it’s all database driven. I would like to have a LinkedIn image/link in place of the Twitter image/link.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thank you for any help you can give me as this was a request from my client.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ablewebs.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  ablewebs.
    http://www.ablewebs.com/blog

genevishgraphics
    Participant

Just change the background image specified at dynamic-min css line 2:

.genesis-nav-menu li.twitter a {
    background: url(default-images/twitter-nav.png) no-repeat center left;
    padding: 0 0 0 20px;
    }

I suggest you use Firebox (Firefox) or Developer for Chrome – You can right-click and inspect elements of the page.

As far as the linking itself goes, I am not familiar with Dynamik web builder :(

ablewebs
    Participant

Yes, that works to change the icon, but when you have “Dynamik Website Builder” installed, there are fields to fill out in “Genesis > Theme Settings” for a Twitter account, RSS feed, etc. However, for Twitter, all you do is add your username. That means I can’t replace the full Twitter URL/username with the client’s LinkedIn one. There are no fields for LinkedIn or Google+, etc. Currently I just picked another option which was to insert today’s date.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.