Genesis Translations

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  wkaszycki 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Tatiana Santos

Hello guys!

I am having a hard time to translate Genesis and Modern Blogger Pro child theme to pt_BR.

I already changed the wp.config.php to pt_BR but nothing happens. I also installed Genesis Translations but nothing happens.

I got POedit but I can’t find the .po file of the child theme. I know I must create it but which is the font file it should read in order for me to modify?

*I’m lost* Please help. My site is http://www.senhorpet.com

Brazilian blogger

RGeenen
    This reply has been marked as private.

violacase
    Participant

@lucaslem
    Thanks for sharing that post. Very helpful.

violacase
    Participant

@Tatiana Santos
    See reply #75792 (above this one I think)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  violacase.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  violacase.

Tatiana Santos

Hello @violacase !

Well, I am not that advanced so the most I could do was to mess up my back admin which now links n buttons appear the code and not the text but all in english. Don’t know how to get back to english =/

Brazilian blogger

violacase
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

dnjeel

You updated the translation plugin two times this week. In the first update, you fixed two things that was wrong for the Swedish translation..But now when I did the last update, it´s back as it was before.. What happened? Are you working on fixing this or do you need to know which strings you need to correct again?

RGeenen

I need for my site 3 languages and that is English, Dutch and Indonesian.
    I was testing the waters how the translation is working.
    By experience I found out that there is not one that does a proper job.
    I am able to speak 5 languages, that is why I am looking for a translater that gives my friends and familie the option to read any article on my site in their language.

Thank you.

violacase
    Participant

@RGeenen. The translation plugin is for the strings used in Genesis itself. For your own articles you will need something like http://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/google-translate.

violacase
    Participant

@RGeenen.
    Follow up: A plugin that offers you Google Translate for each and every page: http://wordpress.org/plugins/sz-google/.
    It does a nice job. The translations itself are rather modest but if you can find anything better let me know.

davidroccato

Hi Remkus,

I’d like to translate the News Pro theme, that’s not translated in my language. I sent you an email so that you can explain me what to do exactly. Thanks.

Yeltsin Lima

Hey Remkus,

I want to help translating Genesis and all child-themes to Portuguese (Brazilian). How can I register an account at GlotPress?

Thanks,
    Yeltsin

I’m not from StudioPress, I just like to help people! :)

ravenellos
    Participant

Hi

I have translated the AgentPress translation file to Icelandic language. Exported and renamed the po and mo file, put it into the correct language folder in both Genesis and AgentPress.

Wp-Config file is also correct but nothing is translated.

Here is website http://www.sumarhusasalan.is

Please help.

Yeltsin Lima

Hey,

I mean translating via official method. So we can help other people from the same language :)

I’m not from StudioPress, I just like to help people! :)

wkaszycki
    Participant

Hello Friends!

I encountered strange problem. After upgrading Genesit Translation to newest version, part of public localization (worked well in previous version of the plugin) is still in English. Same happend with names of the months etc. Can you please advise?

Regards, Wojciech

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.