genesis_footer_backtotop_text – Dropped from Genesis 2.0

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks genesis_footer_backtotop_text – Dropped from Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

chrisman
    Participant

I use the genesis_footer_backtotop_text function to place a “Jump to Top” link at the bottom of my site. This might even be standard for the NEWS theme. Now that I’ve ported over to Gen 2.0 and manually converted my theme, I found this function is no longer available. What can i use in it’s place in my functions file?

Chris

http://www.behindthemixer.com

cdils
    Participant

Hi Chris,

The filter is still available, it’s just not included by default in 2.0 themes.

You can use the [footer_backtotop] shortcode if you’re using Genesis Simple Edits.

If you really want to get your nerd on, look in the Genesis source code at lib/structure/footer.php and you can see where that code is called. :)

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Anita
    Participant

I am going to have to go back and look for this because I haven’t been able to get the short codes to work at all in the pre-2.0 themes that are using Genesis 2.0.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.