get rid of embedded style in head (Modern-Blogger)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks get rid of embedded style in head (Modern-Blogger)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Im using the theme modern-blogger. After updating and deleting the header-image in the backend I get

<style type=”text/css”>#header { background: url() no-repeat; }</style>

before the closing </head>-tag in the sourcecode. This is overwritinig the existing #header in the style.css.

How can I remove thie embedded style definition in the head-section, so that the style.css header-tag will work?

Would be helpful, if anyone knows the solution.

Hi there,

My first thought would be to remove support for the custom header in functions.php (assuming you’re not using it). I don’t have access to the Modern Blogger theme, so I’m not 100% sure if that’s a solution. Can you post a link to your site?

You can always add an !important declaration to your CSS element to override the #header, like this:

#header {

background: url(whatever.png) no-repeat !important;

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly WordPress-focused podcast called Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.