Going Green – Static Page for Home Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Going Green – Static Page for Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dave Shuttleworth
    Participant

Hello,
    I hope someone can help – I’m using the going green theme and would like to use a static page on the home page.

However, if I select a static page the featured image doesn’t show up above the title like it does when you select posts on the home page…

How can I get the same look as in the demo (i.e. the featured image first, then the title, then the content) when using a page rather than posts?

Thanks.

Susan

You can create a widget area specific to that page, and use that widget for your featured image.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

erickawatson

Hi Susan,

I have the same question about using the static page and getting the featured image to display. Can you give a little more detail about how to create a widget and use it for the featured image? It seems from the theme setup instructions you should just be able to set your featured image on the page and it will appear on the homepage as it should with posts.

Thanks!

Susan

Here are instructions to create a widget area: http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/register-widget-area/

Add a Featured Widget Amplified plugin to configure the location of the title.

I haven’t used Going Green for a while, but in looking at the setup instructions, I’m not seeing:

It seems from the theme setup instructions you should just be able to set your featured image on the page and it will appear on the homepage as it should with posts.

The Going Green theme is a blog on the home page, and those featured images appear because the theme is displaying blog posts by default.

Another option is to use the Title Toggle plugin, remove the title from your static home page, add your featured image, and then use an H1 or H2 tag for text underneath your image…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.