Google Authorship – AgentPress Structured Data Errors

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Google Authorship – AgentPress Structured Data Errors

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OctaneMatt 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

keithl
    Participant

I have set up Google Authorship so that at least some of my posts are showing up in search results with my picture.   When I use the Google Structured Data tool on my AgentPress all is fine except it reports Sturctured Data Errors as shown below.  I admit to not having a clue about this stuff.  I don’t know what a Hatom Entry or hcard is or anything about these fields.  All I wanted to do with get my picture to show on the Google results which works, so what do I need to do on my AgentPress site to solve this problem?

hatom-entry:

Warning: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
    Warning: Missing required field “entry-title”.
    Warning: Missing required field “updated”.
    Warning: Missing required hCard “author”.

buddy_boy8403
    Participant

I’m having the same problem with the Enterprise theme.  Help would be appreciated.

OctaneMatt
    Participant

I was seeing the same errors on my pages but then realized it was caused by the “recent posts” widget, e.g.:

http://blog.octanenation.com/news/2013-barrett-jackson-auction-photo-gallery/

I did notice that the main post also had just the “updated” error. Some Googling revealed this post which, after following Step, 2 fixed the single “updated” issue:

http://gregrickaby.com/2012/06/setup-google-authorship-in-wordpress.html

Hope that helps!

keithl
    Participant

Octane – hate to be ignorant but how did you fix the recent post widget ?   I went to the link you provided but not sure what I am supposed to be looking at there other some darn nice cars.

OctaneMatt
    Participant

I could be mistaken but I don’t think the errors from the recent post widget matter… As long as the canonical link of the article is validated then I think Google should be happy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.