Google Search

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Google Search

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rockpress 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rockpress
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I need some insight pleaaase! I just recently upgraded our site to Genesis. When I search for the site in Google, our site doesn’t show like it used too, like it just disappeared. I resubmitted the site to Google to crawl our site again as soon as our site was back up, as suggested by a couple of articles I read. I updated the sitemaps for Google as well. Are we going to have to start over and wait for our page rankings to go back up again? Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this type of question, I just can’t find any good information anywhere else.

Thank you for any insight anyone can offer.

http://www.decorchick.com

AC
    Blocked

When you say upgraded to Genesis, what were you using prior to this? Were you still using WordPress or some other platform. Is the link “decorchick.com” the website you are having issues with?

rockpress
    Participant

Anitac,

Our site was originally running the Thesis platform, when we switched to Genesis. The link to decorchick.com is our site.

Thanks!

rockpress
    Participant

Or I should clarify that it is on the WordPress platform and was running on the the Thesis framework, sorry.

AC
    Blocked

We you using any type internal SEO features/functions that were provided by Thesis that possibly did not transfer over? I know the Genesis Framework has it’s own internal SEO feature/function under Genesis. Have you revealed you code on pages/posts to make sure you SEO is even there?

rockpress
    Participant

We were using the built in SEO features that were provided by Thesis. I haven’t checked the code on pages or posts to see if the SEO is there. I just took it for granted that it would  automagically transfer over. I did a little research and found a plugin called SEO Data Transporter. I installed it last night and it found 714 pieces of SEO from the Thesis theme and I transferred it over to Genesis. I then resubmitted my sitemap to Google.

AC
    Blocked

Okay, that’s what I was getting at. Glad you found the plugin.

rockpress
    Participant

Thank you anitac!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.