Google Structured Data Issues

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Google Structured Data Issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  healthygutbugs 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

peps2004
    Participant

I noticed recently that in Google SERPS, my photo isn’t showing up next to my posts even though I have the site linked to my Google+ account.

I’ve checked the Structured Data page and it says there are 383 items with errors:

* 383 due to ‘Missing: updated’
    * 6 due to ‘Missing: author’

I’ve tried looking at the error information, but I’ve no idea what the correct info should be, so there’s no way for me to tell what’s incorrect.

It looks like it’s a site-wide problem, so I’m not sure if it’s a plugin issue, theme issue or something else. I’m using the Sample child theme.

I found this previous question and added the Simple Edits code mentioned, but it doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

There are also various other suggestions floating around on the internet that suggest changing the functions.php or single.php files, but as it’s on the Genesis Framework, it doesn’t look like I can do this.

http://scavenger-hunt.org/

braddalton
    Participant

peps2004
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve now changed the SEO Ultimate plugin to ‘Alter the code to validate as HTML5′ – should I assume that’ll have the same effect?

I’ve just tested this on Google Webmaster Tools and it’s still saying that the error exists, so it doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

braddalton
    Participant

GWMT can take some time to update.

You can use the rich snippet tester to see the changes http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

mmsmears
    Participant

Hi,

Having the same problem with my site using Agency Theme.

healthygutbugs
    Participant

I’m using the News child theme, and my Google Webmaster account is saying that my pages have errors for

Missing: updated

I can’t seem to find the setting in my admin console to fix this error message. I’m also using Yoast, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue, as people seem to be saying it’s a setting in the theme.

Any suggestions?

snakeair
    Participant

HappyGutBugs, what does your response have to do with the thread topic?

Here is a link to troubleshoot your authorship. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1306778?hl=en

healthygutbugs
    Participant

Hi Snakeair. Was my question inappropriate? The OP’s initial question had to do with error messages of “Missing: updated” errors and my question was about the same.

If I’m in the wrong place for this question, I apologize. I will go in search of help elsewhere, I guess.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.