Google Webmaster Structured Data Question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Google Webmaster Structured Data Question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elioverbey 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coralsea

Hi,

I’m using the Magazine Pro theme. For my main navigation, I am using a custom menu in the Primary Navigation area.

I also added links to pages in the footer of my site using the Simple Edits plugin.

In Google Webmaster my footer links are showing up in ALL my structure data types except Blog, eg. WebPage, WPSideBar, WPHeader, WPFooter, SiteNavigationElement, and CreativeWork (not sure where this is coming from).

So my footer links which are basically not important pages, are showing up in search results, instead of my main menu pages which all link to categories. I am using the WP No Category Base plugin, but I don’t see how that could be causing this problem. I’ve removed some of my footer links from my sitemap and also manually requested that they be demoted by Google. But I want my main menu links to show up under my main search result. Or at least show up above my home page in search results. Now my footer links are showing up above it. And my menu links don’t show up at all.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions on how to fix my search results?

Thanks.

http://www.culturecrux.com

elioverbey
    Participant

It’s hard to control what Google pulls into those 4 packs, 6 packs, etc… Rich snippets will give your site the ability for you to have markup in the results, but it doesn’t dictate it.

Let me help you customize your theme, or help your with SEO. Current Sr. SEO Analyst at Worldwide NonProfit
    Visit me here: elioverbey.net | Connect on Twitter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.