Gray Showing Up When Text is Italicized

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Gray Showing Up When Text is Italicized

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

creativebliss
    Participant

I’m using the Blissful theme, and for some reason, whenever any text in a blog post is italicized, a small gray block of color shows up to the right side of the text. See an example here: http://northonharper.com/2013/03/vogue-china-collections-springsummer-2013/. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Wow, that was a funny one. Somebody got all excited with CSS3 stuff, and went wild styling the italics tag. It’s a common thing nowadays – put in the cute CSS3 effect, and suddenly something very unintended happens elsewhere. :-)

I think this bit of CSS will give you what you want. It kills the border that makes that grey spot. If you want the italicized item in the middle of a sentence, include the display inline part, too, then the italicized item won’t take up the whole line, and will sit comfortably with other text.

[css]
    i {
    border-style: none;
    display: inline;
    }
    [/css]

Best, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.