h1 in author box

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks h1 in author box

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RobCubbon
    Participant

This is using the Magazine theme but I suspect it’s on other themes as well.

The “About [author]” heading is an H1 – I’m really surprised about this. I’m not an expert but I thought you should only have one h1 on a page and it should be the blog post’s title. The box at the end of the article isn’t that important and I would make the title in it h3 or h4.

I know all Studiopress themes are usually so superbly optimised so I’m surprised about this.

I know also, in the grand scheme of SEO factors this probably doesn’t amount to a hill of beans but I’d like to know about it.

And, could anyone point me to any code that could change this h1?

http://www.fireflycomms.com

David Chu
    Participant

Rob!
    How are you, mate? I had the same question, actually. I’d had it drummed into me that H1 shouldn’t be thrown around recklessly.

As I understand it, the latest is more H1 tags are OK in an HTML5 context – in this case, if you have, say, several sections, and in a section, it’s OK to have its own H1. Wild, eh?

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

RobCubbon
    Participant

Dave! We really must stop meeting like this ;)

Yes, wild! I never knew that. I do now. A quick Google confirms it. Even a video by that nice Matt Cutts guy says it’s OK.

Thanks for clearing this up. Genesis rules!

David Chu
    Participant

That is funny. :-) Yes, Genesis rules, and you do, as well! See you on Twitter!

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.