Having Darker Text

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Having Darker Text

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  merpmerp 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

merpmerp
    Participant

Hello,

I’m pretty much just getting started with WordPress.  I purchased the Corporate Theme for my site http://utilityrefundsolutions.com.

The text seems a little light to me.  I wanted it to be a little bit darker, but I don’t want to bold the whole site, and that is the only way I can think of doing it.  Besides, if I did that, how would things I wanted to make bold stand out?

I thought I was stuck with that lightness as I’ve looked at other sites and they were the same way.  However, going through the forum I came across http://www.californiacollectiondefense.com/.

I don’t know if I am allowed to enter someone else url, but I put those two sites both using the Corporate Theme and the other sites text is definitely darker than mine.

Please let me know what I need to do to make my text darker.

Thank you for your help,

Mark

Susan

The text on your site is #555 which is a dark gray color; on the other site, it is #333, which is black. You need to change the content text to a darker color.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

merpmerp
    Participant

Susan,

Thank you for that information.  I think I did what I had to do, I just wanted to make sure I did the correct thing.

I went into Editor and changed #555 at the top to #333.

Was that correct and is that the only thing that needs to be done?

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.