Header crammed to left

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header crammed to left

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jesse Petersen 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nzbryant
    Participant

Hi. Why is my blog title crammed on the left side of the page? It is only two words – General Assembly.

Thanks

Rod

weslinda
    Participant

Rod? Link? Theme? Many of the themes have a preset width for the title area if text is involved. Would need to see what’s going on before I could comment further.

Loving the Genesis Life!

nzbryant
    Participant

Oops! Sorry – was in a rush.

http://generalassemblyblog.com/

It is the Lifestyle theme.

Thanks Weslinda.

Jesse Petersen
    Participant

That’s because the #title-area CSS is set to be that wide. You’ll need to edit style.css line 184 to widen that and be sure the header-right area doesn’t encroach.

One of the guys you would want to hang out with.
    Preferred StudioPress developer | owner of Petersen Media Group | author of The Golden Rule Way (still writing)

nzbryant
    Participant

Thanks Jesse! How do I ensure “the header-right area doesn’t encroach.”?

Re the title area – this is Lifestyle out of the box. That means the default lifestyle needs to be made wider – as Im sure everyone will have a two word or more header. Seems strange they would make it this way.

Jesse Petersen
    Participant

By ensuring the code for the widget width is narrower than the width you need for the title. This is a very, very, very old theme and was addressed thousands of times on the old forums. It is what it is, so you’ll need to edit the width or edit the font size.

One of the guys you would want to hang out with.
    Preferred StudioPress developer | owner of Petersen Media Group | author of The Golden Rule Way (still writing)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.