Header Image & Background Color – Agent Press

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Header Image & Background Color – Agent Press

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jmalisos
    Participant

Hi. I am having an issue with the site’s header image. I uploaded a new header image (960×125 pixels), but for some reason it’s not properly lined up in the header section. I had changed a few lines of code in the editor awhile back so that I could fit the title and site description within the header section… not sure what to change now. If someone could help me re-format the header I’d appreciate it. I’m not very good with firebug.

Also, how do I change the background color? I went to the custom background tab under the “appearance” section, changed the color, but for some reason the background color is now showing as the same blue as the demo.

http://truefloridianrealty.com/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s impossible for us to help with the header unless it’s in place on the site (though I certainly understand why you wouldn’t want to leave it up if it doesn’t look right).

As for the background, the Appearance > Background settings are being overridden by your theme’s stylesheet. If you find the following in your stylesheet:

body {
    background: url(images/bg.png);
    }

You can change it to this:

// body {
    // background: url(images/bg.png);
    // }

to comment it out so the color you chose will show up instead.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

jmalisos
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I have changed the header area to include the newly created header image. Please let me know what you think.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Okay, awesome. I see the problem.

Find this in the stylesheet:

#header {
    color: #fff;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 25px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px #000;
    width: 960px;
    }

and change it to this:

#header {
    color: #fff;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 125px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px #000;
    width: 960px;
    }

The header should show up once you do that. It looks nice!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.