Header Issue for eleven40

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Header Issue for eleven40

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

valeryvie
    Participant

I have read through the posts for how to change to a custom header on elevn40 and am thoroughly confused!  I tried to foloow the directions, but they were not specific enough for me :-)

Here is what I have done

1) As a logo.png already exists in the file manager, (RED as this is the color we are using)… I tried to upload the same exact size image… and ‘overwrote’ it with the same exact file name, and it still will not show. This always works for me on other templates…

2) I tried adding Genesis Simple Headers plugin and this will not work

3) And as either of these did not work, can you send specific step-by-step instructions?  :-)

Thanks!

Valery ~

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Valery,

Can you post a link to your site please so that I can have a look what is going on?

Thanks

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

braddalton
    Participant

There’s several blocks of CSS code that need to be modified or deleted under the Header section in your child themes style.css file before you can add a header image using CSS code.

Here’s how it should look
    [css]
    /* Header
    ———————————————————— */

#description {
    display: none;
    }

#header .widget-area {
    float: right;
    width: 60%;
    }
    [/css]

Changing the image won’t work on this theme unless you modify the code in the style sheet as above.

Then add your header image:
    [css]
    #header {
    max-width: 1140px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 100%;
    height: 200px;
    background: url("replace-wth-full-image-url") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    [/css]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.