Header issues

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wizz6113 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

ChrisGregory
    Participant

Thank you! I will read it this weekend.

One last question, what would you recommend the best way for editing CSS for a studiopress site? Should I use firebug, and post changes to notepad, or use dreamweaver?

nutsandbolts

I usually just edit my stylesheet in Appearance > Editor in the WordPress dashboard.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

wizz6113

I took your code advice ‘nuts & bolts’ to adjust my header to a custom one in Streamline Pro.

Basically, I uploaded new size (full width) header jpg to media (in my case 1140px width); then added it to Simple Hooks Plugin (checking remove default header) using html code between <div> </div>; and removed that .site-header padding in the CSS that you recommend.

All worked fine for me. No issues. Seemed simple. But I wouldn’t have known the padding bit was the issue in rendering it correctly on the site.

Just to note in case someone else wishes to replace default header (often smaller size than full width) with custom one.

Thanks for this code posting.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.