Header Misaligned

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header Misaligned

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cccmedia 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

cccmedia
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m having difficulty resolving a header issue in the Outreach Theme.  It’s something simple, I’m sure, but I’m not getting it.  The original header image is 1200 x 120 with the settings in the default settings in the functions.php file as 1060 x 120 and the CSS style sheet set to 100% for the width.

The header was fine until I had removed the default site title text that shows left-aligned of the header.  After removing it, a space appeared to the right of the header.  I have tried everything I can think of to fix this and I’m apparently missing a step.

I would appreciate any help!  Thanks in advance!

Site is: http://www.theconvergencenc.com
    Brooks

Anita
    Blocked

I am using Firebug to see it.

*** DELETED *** Previous message as the code didn’t copy correctly.

It looks like you have two header images in there. When I remove this code – it appears correctly.

This is the first code I see in the CSS – line 31

#header {
    background: url(“http://theconvergencenc.com/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/header.png”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

However, if you look at line 183, the #header code is there again. If you remove the one above, I believe this will resolve your issue.

cccmedia
    Participant

Thanks for responding!  But, I removed the above mentioned text and nothing changed.  I cleared the cache, as well, just to be sure, but still no joy :/

cccmedia
    Participant

Correction: Sorry I am using Firebug for the first time.  The live edit does reflect that it fixes the problem, but when I go into my style sheet and run the search for the same exact text I am seeing in firebug, it does not exist. I’m using Dreamweaver to edit the CSS.

Anita
    Blocked

Did you use the the Header feature at all under Appearance > Header?

cccmedia
    Participant

I did initially until I realized that it wouldn’t properly re-size the logo, so I manually added the image atop the header.png file and re-uploaded it.

Anita
    Blocked

Go over to Appearance > header and REMOVE the image from there. I believe that’s where the problem lies.

cccmedia
    Participant

Thank you for continuing to walk me through this, btw! But, now I have no image nor header at all.

Anita
    Blocked

But I thought you said you used Dreamweaver to insert the header image?

Anita
    Blocked

Do you see this code in your Style.css? If so – remove it. When I remove it from Firefox – the header shows up by way of another line of code. Delete that.

#header {
    background: url(“”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

cccmedia
    Participant

I initially tried to add the image via the header menu.  It would not crop properly, so I used the same header.png file provided in the images and files and just dropped my logo on top of it, and then uploaded it via http://FTP.  When I select remove the header image from the header menu, it just removes the file I had uploaded via FTP.

The solution you originally suggested actually resolved the issue in the firebug console, but the code is nowhere to be find in the CSS.

Anita
    Blocked

I can’t for the life of me figure this out. But when I first looked at it – I changed the word Transparent to color code #000000. Add the image back in there and let me look again. Keep in mind that I think your image was wider than the header space also.

cccmedia
    Participant

It’s back up for you, Ani!

Anita
    Blocked

Do you see this in your Style.css? If so, replace the URL you see there with the URL of your header image. Then remove the header from Appearance > Header.

#header {
    background: url(“images/header.png”) repeat-y scroll center center #090909;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 120px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

cccmedia
    Participant

I found on 183 a very similar string of code but not exact. It didn’t read “center center” but did say #090909 center repeat-y.

I added the URL, and then clicked remove header image from header menu and it went back to no header or image on site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Header Misaligned’ is closed to new replies.