Header Misaligned

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header Misaligned

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cccmedia 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

Sheesh, I am so stumped. Did you view it before you deleted it from the Appearance> Header? Add that back, take a look and if it’s still not right. Submit a ticket and reference the link to this forum. I am totally stumped!

cccmedia
    Participant

Yep, I did.  It was still exactly the same and cleared the cache prior to moving on to the header menu and removing it there.  I have no idea what’s going on with this particular theme/issue.  Thank you SO much for trying to assist me.  I’ll be taking up your suggesting and issuing a ticket.

Thanks!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Your site is in maintenance mode, but see this: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/outreach-and-header/

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

cccmedia
    Participant

Jen, thanks for replying. I tried this, and it did center the header but now there is white space on both sides.  The maintenance mode is no longer active and can be viewed.

Also, after centering the header, I thought perhaps just changing the width at that point would resolve it, but that had no effect and cache was cleared.

cccmedia
    Participant

Does anyone in the forum tonight have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

AC
    Blocked

Morning, I am using the same exact theme but with text at the top, no custom header. I am (NOT) great at this but, my code looks like what I wrote below. Because you used the Header feature to insert your header – it changed the entire configuration of that area. When I try to change your theme with Firefox, it won’t work. But, if you delete/remove the header under Appearance > Header – your should be able to modify the code below which is already in your theme – then replace repeat-y with no-repeat, then change the URL with the full link to your logo – it should all work for you because it just worked for me. This has been nuts. If it doesn’t work, I will just stop responding.

#header {
    background: #090909 url(images/header.png) center repeat-y;
    background-position: center !important;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 120px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    }

cccmedia
    Participant

Anti, this is what happened when I did what you mentioned:

screenshot

With firebug reading:

#header {

background-attachment: scroll;
        background-clip: border-box;
        background-color: #090909;
        background-image: url(“http://theconvergencenc.com/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/header.png”);
        background-origin: padding-box;
        background-position: center center !important;
        background-repeat: repeat-y;
        background-size: auto auto;
        margin: 0 auto;
        min-height: 120px;
        overflow: hidden;
        width: 100%;

}

And, the uploaded CSS reads:

#header {
    background: #090909 url(images/header.png) center repeat-y;
    }

Sorry, about all the frustration, I know how you feel, but my God in heaven, thank you for trying! LOL

cccmedia
    Participant

Oops, sorry Ani, I made a mistake and didn’t switch out the repeat-y, but after doing so, I had the same effect.

Firebug reads:

}

#header {

background-attachment: scroll;
        background-clip: border-box;
        background-color: #090909;
        background-image: url(“http://theconvergencenc.com/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/header.png”);
        background-origin: padding-box;
        background-position: center center !important;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-size: auto auto;
        margin: 0 auto;
        min-height: 120px;
        overflow: hidden;
        width: 100%;

}

CSS reads:

#header {
    background: #090909 url(images/header.png) center no-repeat;
    }

AC
    Blocked

{{{{ Bleep, bleep, bleep }}}}, now I really have to defer to one of experienced developers because I don’t know why it’s not working for you. Sorry, I tried :(

cccmedia
    Participant

I submitted a ticket yesterday, but while waiting on that, I was hoping people could put their heads together and figure out what the heck is going on.

Thanks, Ani, for trying!  If I get a resolution through the ticket instead of here, I’ll make sure to post it here as well :)

cccmedia
    Participant

Ani, you won’t believe this, but it was a background issue, not a header issue!  The default background is set to white automatically in the CSS.  Once I changed it to black, everything was as it should be!!

Thanks again for ALL that help you tried to assist me with.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Header Misaligned’ is closed to new replies.