Header Not Showing In Some Browsers

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header Not Showing In Some Browsers

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rachaellay 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rachaellay
    Participant

I am in the middle of building a new site and the header I have added is not showing up in some browsers.

I have had this problem before, but can’t recall the fix.

Any help would be appreciated : )

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

If you post a link and mention what browsers are problematic, our forum volunteers would be better able to help. :)

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

rachaellay
    Participant

Of course : / Sorry, forgot that part.

The website is http://www.beachbaylandscaping.co.nz.

The header shows up when I am designing in Safari, but is not showing up in Firefox or IE, either in my office or on the outside world.

Thanks for your reply.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Hmmm. I’m not seeing a header in Safari either. If I go to http://beachbaylandscaping.co.nz/wp-content/themes/crystal/images/logo.png in Firefox, I get the message that the image cannot be displayed because it contains errors so there is something wrong with the image itself.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

rachaellay
    Participant

Ok.

So are you able to give me any idea what kind of error would cause that?

I have it saved as a .png file named logo.png and uploaded it to the Crystal images folder via FTP.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

It is probably happening in the save process. If it were my png, I’d run a google search with the name of the program I was using along with corrupted png and see what I got back.

What program are you using? I know there’s threads on paint about corrupted png’s. Also make sure it isn’t CMYK color. It should be RGB.

rachaellay
    Participant

I am using Photoshop Elements, and saving as RGB.

I have tried saving as a .jpg and converting to .png in another program and still no joy.

This is becoming urgent now as this site is for a physical business and they obviously want their website up properly.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Seems to display fine now as a jpg
    http://beachbaylandscaping.co.nz/wp-content/themes/crystal/images/logo.jpg

rachaellay
    Participant

I ended up saving it as a .jpg and changing the code in the header section to say image/logo.jog.

Just after I posted here, I found some information way back on page 4 of Google about how Firefox, I.E. and Chrome don’t always show Photoshop .png files. It was a long shot but tried it and it worked!!!!

Thanks for your help and questions to try and solve this : )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.