Header Right Problem

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header Right Problem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BennettGlobal
    Participant

My site is http://www.bgemagazine.com.  I am using the Child Magazine Theme.  Everytime I put a widget in the Header Right area, it takes the title and date, which I had centered, and moves the copy left and also creates the blank space between the header and my secondary navigation, which is where the date is now.  I’ve intentionally left the page as is so anyone can see what I’m talking about.

What I would like is for the social media icons in the Header Right area to appear on the right but allow my title and date to remain centered and close that gap between my header and secondary navigation.

Can someone assist me in fixing this problem?

Thank You in advance.

Michael

cehwitham
    Participant

You’ll need to reduce the width of the header right section line 214 in style.css. You can bring the width down to 170px and still show the social media icons.

#header .widget-area {
    float: right;
    padding: 25px 0 0;
    width: 283px;
    }

Then add a margin to the left of the of the title area and reduce its width. The styles on line 183 of style.css should be as follows:

#title-area {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 20px 0 0;
    width: 635px;
    text-align: center;
    margin-left: 150px;
    }

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.