Header text wraps using Eleven40

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Header text wraps using Eleven40

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mikswee
    Participant

Hello there,

I just set my website options (http://sweeneycopywriting.com) the same as the demo site, but now the site title wraps and goes below the header graphic. Any ideas why it’s doing this? Before I placed the menu in the Header Right widget space, it looked fine. But when I moved the menu up it starts wrapping the site title. Oddly, on a mobile device (my iPod) it still looks fine.

Thank you for any help you can provide, Mike

David Chu
    Participant

Mike,
    It looks great in my browser. But yes, you could easily bump into a limit. Notice the following blocks of code. The first is giving you a zone that’s about 1/3 of the wrap area of the header. And the 2nd block is holding your menu. It’s much wider than needed with that many menu items, about 2/3 of the header area. So they might fight each other.

So you can play with the width figures for these two blocks to get what you want.

[css]
    #title-area {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 30%;
    }

#header .widget-area {
    float: right;
    width: 65%;
    }
    [/css]

Best, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

mikswee
    Participant

Thank you Dave, that helped! I also shrunk the H1 by a couple of points so the graphic didn’t have to be as wide.

David Chu
    Participant

Perfecto! :-)

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.