Header/Logo in Sidebar

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header/Logo in Sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  krystyn 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

krystyn
    Participant

I have a client that would like to use their logo/header basically in the top right position in the sidebar (so content is right next to it). I’m using the blissful theme. Is there any issue with using the header right or even the primary sidebar for the logo and then getting rid of or making the traditional header area so small it can’t be visible? I guess I’m thinking for SEO purposes, but also from a design standpoint?

braddalton
    Participant

You can put it in the top right sidebar or use the [php]genesis_before_sidebar_widget_area[/php] hook.

You can then unhook the header using the Genesis Simple hooks plugin or hide it using CSS.

If you hide or unhook the header, you can’t use the header right widget.

krystyn
    Participant

Thank you! I definitely have to do it before the sidebar (either hook or header widget right), because if I put it in the sidebar, it goes to the bottom on mobile responsive themes.

krystyn
    Participant

using theĀ genesis_before_sidebar_widget_area also forces the “header” down to the bottom because of the mobile responsiveness of the theme…I wonder if I should just make sure to use a mobile plugin? Or if there is another work around?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.