Heading Link

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Heading Link

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bconley
    Participant

I would like to link the heading text in the HOME BOTTOM 1, 2, and 3 areas on the front page to their respective pages. I know I can do it if I tell the widget to add the titles, but it adds the titles below the image and I would like to keep the heading above the image. I am using the Legacy theme.

http://ecopainting.com

cehwitham
    Participant

I’ve had a look at your site but home bottom 1 2 and 3 don’t appear to be showing. Have you removed them.

What are you using to output the widgets? I’d recommend the Genesis Featured Page widget if you’re wanting to link to a page from the widget.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

bconley
    Participant

Sorry. My bad. I am so used to using “.com”

http://ecopainting.ca

cehwitham
    Participant

Are the headings currently output by a different widget to the image and text below it?

bconley
    Participant

The widgets being used are the Genesis Featured Page with the SHOW IMAGE turned on.

cehwitham
    Participant

Which setting are you changing to turn the titles into links? It may be that after that is enabled and link moves below the image, we could use CSS to move it back to the top above the image.

bconley
    Participant

In the Featured page widget there is an option to SHOW PAGE TITLE. Once that is checked it turns the titles on beneath the image and links it automatically. I turned it on for the about us so you can see. Now if I could get the text above the image linked I would be set.

cehwitham
    Participant

Thanks for doing that.

You need to turn off the widget titles.

Then change the widget box styles to:

.home-bottom-1, .home-bottom-2 {
    float: left;
    margin: 0 30px 0 0;
    width: 300px;
    position: relative;
    padding-top: 30px;

}

The position and the padding are the important bits. You’ll also need to repeat this for home-bottom-3

Then you can change the style of the clickable heading to:

.legacy-silver #home-bottom h2 a, .legacy-silver #home-bottom h2 a:visited {
    color: #888;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;

}

Basically adding position absolute and top 0 to force it to the top of the widget box. The padding on the widget box makes room for it.

Let me know how you get on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.