HELP! Added some bad code to my genesis settings "add to header" corrupted site

Community Forums Forums General Discussion HELP! Added some bad code to my genesis settings "add to header" corrupted site

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sojournen 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sojournen

This all started with me adding a big block of nasty code to the add to header on the Genesis settings page.

Now the settings page has a widget title , the site completely lost all of its styling, widgets aren’t showing up on the pages, and settings. I have tried to replace the framework files, reset the settings, and the template files but it did nothing.

I think the oddest part is that the settings page now has the title of one of my widgets. Something is corrupt how do I get out of it.

I tried resetting the genesis settings that did nothing. Everything including the footer is not styled right.

I had a backup of the functions.php and the css files. Replaced those and still no fix. Then I tried replacing virtually every file with ftp Still no fix.

Could adding the file corrupted my database? Where might it also be?

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  sojournen.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  sojournen.

braddalton
    Participant

Yes. It may have caused a problem in your DB. Do you have a DB backup?

Was it Javascript?

Have you deleted and then re-installed a fresh copy of Genesis?

sojournen

Hi Brad.
    Yeah I think it might have been JS. I was trying to figure out .csstransitions.

Didn’t think it would be so easy to corrupt the db through add to header.
    I did delete Genesis and reinstall.

I have a copy of database but it’s not that fresh. The site loads so I can copy and paste the content in all the widgets. Any suggestions to make this lesson painful.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.